Last Updated: August 16, 2023
We may change the terms of the Policy from time to time. When we make changes, we will post the amended policy on this website, https://greysonclothiers.com/ (the “Site”), and they will become effective when they are posted. If the changes are material, we will let you know on the Site home page that the Policy has been updated. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes.
II. How Does Greyson Clothiers Collect Your PI and What Types of PI Does It Collect?
Greyson Clothiers collects PI about you when you actively provide it to us, such as by completing an online form, responding to a request for information, signing up to receive communications from us, to join our Black Wolf or other loyalty program, or making a purchase from us. We also may collect PI about you from other sources, such as our business partners; the Internet, including social media websites; the press or other print media; and other organizations or individuals as permitted under applicable law.
Listed below are the types of PI that we may have collected about you within the past 12 months. Some of these types of information may not be PI, depending on other information about you to which we have access. Each type of information listed below is PI only if the information identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household.
- Identifiers such as your name, postal address, email address, IP (Internet Protocol) address, credit card details (which we do not retain after use), telephone number, or other similar identifiers.
- Commercial information, such as records of products or services you purchased, obtained, or considered, and your purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as browsing history, search history, information on your interaction with our website, mobile application(s), or an advertisement. This may include hardware and browser information of your computer or other online device.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your current or past job history, if you are applying for a job with us.
- Personal characteristics related to classifications legally protected from discrimination, such as marital status, age and gender.
- Inferences drawn from other PI, such as a summary we might make based on your apparent personal preferences, characteristics, purchasing trends, predispositions, behavior, and apparent attitudes.
III. Our Business Purposes for Collecting PI; How We Use the Information
We use the PI we collect from you for a variety of purposes permitted by law, including:
- To communicate with you, including in response to your inquiries and to fulfill your requests;
- To provide you with information about our products and services, and to provide you with our products and services;
- To prevent fraud, including by confirming your identity;
- To maintain and upgrade the security of any data or information collected;
- For compliance and risk management purposes; and
- Other legally permissible or everyday business purposes, including data analysis, product development, and compliance with law enforcement and other legal processes.
IV. How We May Share Personally Identifiable Information
We may share the PI we collect as follows:
- With companies that may become our affiliates;
- With our service providers, whom we engage to assist us with technology support, operational support and other forms of assistance, and whom we bind by contract to protect the confidentiality and security of the PI we share with them;
- In the event of a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our company or its assets, to the proposed or actual acquiring party or assignee;
- As we believe to be appropriate (i) when required by applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (iv) to enforce the terms and conditions for use of the Site, including this Policy; (v) to protect and defend our rights and property; (vi) to protect the interests of Greyson Clothiers or others; and (vii) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We do not sell PI; however, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (discussed further in Section X below), sharing of website activity information for advertising purposes (discussed in Section V below) may be deemed to involve a “sale” and we provide a means for website users to opt-out of such sharing. We do not share PI with non-affiliated entities for them to use for their own marketing purposes.
To opt out of these "sales," use the following link: Do Not Sell My Personal Information (opens in a new tab). We do not knowingly sell personal information about consumers under the age of 16. Please note that by opting out, you are also agreeing to be removed from marketing communication and will be removed from Greyson's email and SMS subscriber list.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. Shopify provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Shopify stores your PI on a secure Shopify server, behind a firewall. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, Shopify will store your credit card data in encrypted form, consistent with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction and then is deleted. You can find Shopify’s Terms of Service at https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms and the Shopify Privacy Statement at https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
V. Information We and Others Collect Automatically
When you visit our Site, we and third parties with whom we have contracted may collect the following information automatically:
- Technical information, including browser type and version, IP address, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, your clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We and our contracted third parties, including Shopify and Google Analytics (https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/provision/#/provision), may obtain this information via cookies (small data files your web browser stores on your hard drive), pixel tags (also known as clear GIFs or web beacons), and similar technologies that remember the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. These technologies allow us to see how many visitors are on our Site and the ways in which visitors move around the Site. With the information these technologies provide, we can work to improve the Site so as to provide Site users with an optimal experience when browsing our Site, for example, by making it easier for users to find what they are looking for quickly. You can find the details of the cookies used by Shopify at https://www.shopify.com/legal/cookies.
Some of the third parties who collect information about your visits to the Site through cookies may use the information to serve advertisements to you when you visit other websites. You may opt out of such advertising by rejecting non-essential cookies through our cookie consent banner. You may also block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site. To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
By using the Site, you are deemed to unambiguously agree to its use of any cookies that you do not disable. You may make a “Do Not Track” request in your browser; we will honor that request at our discretion.
Data Retention; Security We will retain PI about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy. We endeavor to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect the PI we maintain within our organization.
Updates to Your PI If you would like to update PI that you have provided to us, you may contact us through one of the means listed in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
VIII. Site Use Limitations and International Data Transfers
Our Site is not directed to children, and if we become aware that we have collected PI from any individual under the age of 13, we will delete it.
Our Site is designed for users from and is controlled and operated by us from, the United States. By using the Site, you consent to the transfer of your information to the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
IX. Links to Other Websites
Our Site may provide links to third-party websites. When you click on one of these links, you will be accessing content that is not subject to this Policy. We are not responsible for the information-collection practices of the other websites that you visit and advise you to review their privacy policies before you provide them with any PI.
X. California Residents’ Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). We honor those rights, as described below, and we are prohibited by law from discriminating against you for exercising any of those rights.
A. Right to Know
If you are a California resident, you have the right to know what PI we have collected about you, why we collected it, and the categories of third parties (excluding service providers) with whom we have shared the PI during the past 12 months. You may request that we provide a description of the categories of PI we have collected (a “Categories Request”) or you may request access to the specific pieces of PI we have collected (a “Specific Pieces Request.”) See below on “How to Submit a Request.”
If you make a Categories Request, and you do not have any type of account with us, we will need you to provide us with at least two data elements specific to you, such as your cell phone number or driver’s license number (depending on the data elements we already maintain about you), so that we can verify your identity. After we confirm that your request is a verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- the categories of PI we collected about you;
- the categories of sources for the PI we collected about you (e.g., social media websites, government records available to the public, etc.);
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting that PI; and
- the categories of third parties other than service providers (if any) with whom we shared the PI.
If you make a Specific Pieces Request, we need to be sure we have verified your identity with great certainty to safeguard your privacy. In order for us to verify your identity, if you do not have any type of account with us, you will need to provide to us at least three data elements specific to you, together with a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. After we confirm that your request is a verifiable consumer request, we will, consistent with the CCPA, disclose to you the specific pieces of PI we collected about you that you requested.
B. Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete any of your PI that we collected from you and retained. (See below on “How to Submit a Request”.) We are not obligated to comply with your request if we have a legal basis to retain the PI. If you make a request for us to delete PI and you do not have any type of account with us, you may need to provide us with at least two data elements specific to you so that we can verify your identity. Once we receive and confirm that your request is a verifiable consumer request, we will inform you whether we have deleted (and have directed our service providers to delete) your PI from our records, or whether we are declining to grant your request to delete due to an exception to the CCPA deletion requirements.
C. Exceptions to Access and Deletion Rights
If you are working for or seeking to work for Greyson Clothiers, or if you are an employee or other representative of a business or other organization that is exploring or engaging in a business-to-business transaction with Greyson Clothiers, the CCPA currently does not provide you with a “right to know” or “right to request deletion” (at least until January 1, 2023).
D. How to Submit a Request
To request access to or deletion of your PI as described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- Fill out our privacy request form here. We will need your name and email address to process your request and safeguard your data. You will receive an email to verify your address. We will use the data gathered in the form only to process your request and for record-keeping as required by law.
- Sending us an email, to: email@example.com
You may make a request on your own behalf, but if you wish to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, please provide us with a signed declaration stating that your intent is to permit that individual to act on your behalf and include such individual’s full name, address, email address, and phone number. That way we will be sure you have fully authorized us to act in accordance with the requests of that individual.
As indicated above, in order to protect your PI from disclosure or deletion at the request of someone other than you or your legal representative, Greyson Clothiers requires identification verification before granting any request to provide copies of, know more about, or delete your PI. We take special precautions to help ensure this. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with PI if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the PI relates to you. We will use PI we newly collect in connection with a verifiable consumer request only to verify the requestor's identity and authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we need more time (up to 45 additional days), we will inform you in writing of the reason and how long it will take us to respond.
XI. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.