Moms do so much for their families each and every day, and Mother’s Day is the perfect opportunity to thank her. This year, Mother’s Day may look a little different than anticipated, but there are still plenty of ways to celebrate. We’ve rounded up some fun and creative ways to make the day even more memorable and give your mom the special recognition she deserves.
- A Greyson card. Print it. Color it. Give it.
|Card Option 1||Card Option 2||Card Option 3||Card Option 4|
- Breakfast in bed. Bring Mom a tray of all her favorite breakfast goodies.
- Health is wealth! Go on a family walk, or try one of our favorite healthy smoothies. Michelle Walrath, a friend of the Greyson community, and owner of uber-healthy and chic Organic Krush Cafe with multiple locations in New York State shares with us two of her favorite smoothies that are low on prep and high on flavor and health!
Mexican Coffee Smoothie:
~ 1 whole frozen banana
~ 6oz (3/4 cup) cold organic coffee (we brew hot coffee the day prior and then chill)
~ 2 oz unsweetened almond milk
~ 1 tbs almond butter
~ 1/2 tsp cinnamon
~ 1 tsp vanilla
Add all ingredients into a blender; pulse at first then blend on high speed for about 1 minute.
Pour into a tall glass and serve to Mom with a dash of cinnamon on top and a giant hug!
Krush It Smoothie:
Basil is a very calming herb, also known as an adaptogen, meaning it adapts to serve you according to what your body needs!
~ 2 cups frozen pineapple (frozen fruit creates the creamiest smoothies)
~ 1 in. knob of ginger (washed and peeled) OR 1 tbs ginger juice
~ large handful basil (washed, stems included)
~ large handful parsley (washed, stems included)
~ 1 cup coconut water
~ 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional); we like @GardenofLife
Pulse to mix ingredients and then Blend on high for at least a minute to break down the herbs.
Things To Do:
- Have the kids put on a talent show! Sing, dance, juggle- whatever will make mom smile!
- Cook together. Try out that new recipe she’s been wanting to make.
- Game night. Set up the ultimate game of cards and a board game or two.
- Cleaning time! Clean up around the house, or give her a gift card for a cleaning service of her choice so she can schedule it on her own time.
- Binge-watch Netflix. Offer a movie marathon day and include popcorn, snacks, and drinks.
- At-home spa day. Set up a spa in your bathroom. Light a few candles, add some bath soaps and salts, set out a facemask, and let her enjoy some peace and relaxation.
- Set up a virtual at-home workout. If Mom enjoys a good sweat sesh, this is the perfect idea for her, and there are so many great options as of late.
Whatever you choose to do this Mother’s Day, showing her kindness, compassion, and love is the best way to celebrate. From our pack to yours, we hope you enjoy these gift ideas and a special day with Mom!